Sunday, January 2, 2011

Self Portrait for the New Year


In the realm of space which is unborn, unobstructed mind
Forms arise through the dynamic play of creativity;
Though these may come and go with the passage of time,
To join in the artistic dance is magic unceasing!

From Gega Lama; great thangka parinter (1931-1996)
Darjeeling, India
September, 1981
May your year be filled with the dance of creation! 

This image was created from a variety of photographic images including the background which is a photograph from a series I call "Light Moves." 

As I referred to in my latest Contemplative Design blog post, Georgia O'Keeffe once said,
 "I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for."

Color and shape can be so eloquent.  Who needs words?

No comments: